This lock’s gently rounded plate and sculptured hammer indicate the influence of the English artisans of the “Queen Anne period” architecture. Many such locks were used from the early 1700s into the last quarter of the eighteenth century. Imported from England and used throughout the Colonies, it is of particular importance on guns of the southern sea port regions.
- Lock Suitable For: Rifles and smoothbores of all types with particular emphasis on the guns of Maryland, Virginia and the Carolinas. This type lock was utilized by English “masters” such as Barber, Wilson, Twigg, and American makers like Faber and Shroyer.
- Lock Features: Available in right and LEFT HAND. Dim. 5 and 9/16 x 1 and 1/16.
- Traditional hook type springing, bearing surfaces on tumbler and sear, water resistant frizzen to pan fit, “cam’ action and a nice short “stroke’. Highly polished internally. Recommended flint size: 3/4”
- Matching Side Plate available in Right and Left Hand in Brass or Steel.
- Model# 2000 – Flintlock – Right Hand
- Model# 2075 – Flintlock – Left Hand
- Model# 2000Sp, 2075Sp – Side Plate – Right and Left Hand